Colombian flutist Gaspar Hoyos is recognized as one of the foremost musicians of his generation. He studied in Bogotį, Dallas, Boston and Paris. He has performed to critical acclaim throughout South America, North America, Europe and the Far East.
Presently Principal Flute and frequent soloist with the Orchestre Symphonique et Lyrique de Nancy, Mr. Hoyos has been invited by the Radio Symphony Orchestra of Frankfurt to play on their China tour. He appeared as guest in five concerts with the Ensemble Orchestral de Paris, performing in the Chatelet and the Champs Elysees Concert Halls in Paris.
Frequent guest in prestigious festivals, Gaspar Hoyos has appeared in Europe (Montpellier - Radio France, Musica Riva, Histria, Guebwiller, 2č festival de Flūte ą Paris, 2nd Festival of the Flute, Frankfurt, Festival International ą Obernai), in Japan (Japanese Flute Association) the USA (Boston, New York, Chicago) and in South America (Bogota, Cali, Popayan, Lima).
Mr. Hoyos is also a sought out teacher. He has taught masterclasses in Tokyo, Osaka, Nagano, Fukuoka, Shizuoka, Dallas, Bogota and Lima. Every year he holds a flute master-class in Groznjan (Croatia), organized by Jeunesses Musicales. Mr. Hoyos has been invited to join the faculty of the festival « Rencontres Musicales en Lorraine« , starting during the summer 2003.
He has been a prize-winner at the following competitions:
- 5čme Concours International Jean-Pierre RAMPAL (Paris).
- 33rd International Competition Markneukirchen (Germany).
- National Flute Association Young Artist Competition (USA).
- The James Pappoutsakis Competition (USA).
- Janet Gates Peckham International Prize, (USA).
- Flute Talk Competition (USA).
- Sorantin Young Artist Award (USA).
- Concours d'Excellence Gaston Crunelle (France).
- Concours National du Jeune Talent (France ).